Gastric Cancer Community
bloating and cough
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to gastric cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bloating and cough

I am a 45 year old female, in the healthy weight range, who has experienced GERD symptoms off and on for years. I have had 3 endoscopies (in which the doctor 'stretched' narrowings in my esophagus) and my gall bladder removed. My concern is that in the last 2 months I have experienced bloating - especially in the upper abdomen (to the point of shortness of breath) when eating. Many times I will still feel hungry and yet not be able to eat due to the 'fullness' in my abdomen. I also experiance a frequent cough. Not the type you have with a cold but what you feel when you need to clear your throat. This happens especially when I eat or drive in a car. I eat fairly well but not perfect and I drink white wine frequently but not in large ammounts (1-3 glasses 3-5 days a week).  I have frequent sore throats but I attribute this to sinus and allergy problems. I know the easiest thing would be to see my doctor but like many people I have a large deductible on my health insurance. Do you think I am doing things that I could change to improve my symptoms or are my symptoms indicative of something more serious? What would you recommend?