Gastric Cancer Community
chronic nausea in mornings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to gastric cancer.

chronic nausea in mornings

Hey I'm a guy and I've been having nausea as soon I get up in the morning for the past year or so more so if I slept on a slightly empty stomach. Also there is nausea if I drink a lot of fluids. The doctor asked me to do a upper gi series to check for ulcers or tumours. My question was is this test safe and reliable?? Also for how long can gastric cancer go unnoticed without more obvious symptoms? How long does it take for it to reach advanced stages from beginning?? Thank you for your time! I would really appreciate your input!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
The symptoms like indigestion, stomach discomfort, loss of appetite, nausea are common in the early stages of gastric cancer. A stomach cancer can grow very large before it starts causing other symptoms. In advanced stage there may be weight loss, blood in stools, weakness and fatigue etc.The early symptoms of gastric cancer may mimic peptic ulcer. It is best to get tested as soon as possible. A physical examination and tests like barium swallow , gastroscopy with biopsy may be needed. Consult a gastrologist and get yourself evaluated. Keep us posted.
Take care and regards!