Gastroenterology Community
Grossly Distended Belly
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Grossly Distended Belly

I have had a slim figure all my life (I am 57 years old). Approximately 1 year ago my belly began to protrude to the point that I look like I am 9 months pregnant.  My GYN doctor was very concerned and ordered an ultrasound, which showed nothing unusual- no fluid build-up, no tumors, nothing! I have tried dieting, colon cleansings, exercising, which is difficult as I become short of breath (I do speed walk) but nothing makes my belly go down!  Does anyone have any advice on what I could possibly do? What kind of doctor should I see? I feel foolish in a way since the ultrasound found nothing abnormal but I am so ashamed of my appearance I hate to leave my house!
Hi there! Not sure if this will help you but... I am 51 years old and suffer from a severely distended abdomen. I suffered a bad case of pancreatitis a year ago and most recently I have an extremely bad bladder infection that leaves my bladder very large. I also have clostridium difficile that caused swelling of my lg intestine. To top it all off, I have gastroparesis and am unable to digest food. My recommendation to you is to seek the help of a good gastroenterologist. My ultrasound shows only a large bladder and swelling of the large intestine. Best of luck to you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...