gallstone
High, there,i had keyhole surgery in january 2009 and all seemed well untill now,I am getting pain in the righthand side just under the ribs, this pain radiates from the belly button and is like an electric shock.
  I have an appointment for a scan on the 13 th of march, And i should like to know what could bee causing this.
                                                                                                             Thank you les7582.

This discussion is related to Post Gallbladder surgery pain..
I had my gall bladder removed last May and all went well.I know of the pain you are talking about but mine is more of a dull ache  and feels as if there is a lump there and I get a ache on my right side in my waist. However all seems well according to my doctor and had scans etc.
I hope you get on o.k. and if you find out what the pain is perhaps you could let us know.
    Having no more gall bladder attacks is good though isnt it.
I'm so sorry you are still suffering.  Is the pain the same as before?  If so, many of us are in the same situation.

This could be caused by so many things including sludge/stones in the CBD, Post-Cholecystectomy Syndrome, Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, pancreatitis, etc.

Hopefully the scan on the 13th will provide you with some answers.

All the best,

Sam