Gastroenterology Community
solid mass in abdominal sono

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

solid mass in abdominal sono

I had an abdominal sonogram completed.  It states:
there is a solid mass present in the left upper quadrant which is of moderate echogenicity. This solid  mass measures 8.7 X 7.1 X 9.9 cm.  It is intimately related to the upper pole of the left kidney as well as the tail of the pancreas. A cat scan of the abdomen is suggested to further assess the origin and enhancement characteristics of this mass.

The mid and lower pole of the left kidney is normal.  The head, neck and body of pancreas normal.

Is there any hope that this will turn out ok. Or am I headed for disaster here?  any questions I should be asking my doctor. I am scheduled for a CT Scan.  I have no other symptoms. I went to the dr. for a rapid heartbeat after over exercising, not eating and not sleeping. She did a CBC it showed I was hypoglycemic and had elevated liver enzymes. She sent me for the AB Sono. Results above.
I'm so sorry I can't give you any help with your questions regarding your Abdominal sonogram - but I just wanted you to know that I will pray that all will be well with you. Sometimes you just have to wait and not worry too much - whatever it is will hopefully be treated successfully - take care and come back to let us know how you get on.
Thank you.  I had the Cat Scan done for futher evaluation and it came back normal. It actually said "prestine" my doctor called me with a verbal report to let me know. I am just concerned why there are mixed results. Isn't an ab sono acurrate?