Gastroenterology Community
1 month diarrhea!!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

1 month diarrhea!!

hello
am 22 year-old male, am having loose sticky stool since 1 month, and when I am exposed to cold weather I have a semi watery diarrhea,, the stool is very sticky and contains mucus and usually smells bad, I had my BM 2-4 per day nowadays,,, as I told u the symptoms worsen when am exposed to cold weather and I also feel some mild stomachache when feeling cold ,,, actually in the last year I had experienced diarrhea for many times but usually 2-3 days and then back to normal but this time it has been 1 month!! am very healthy ,no nausea, no change in appetite, no weight lose, no blood in the stool... plz tell me what it could be?? could it be a serious problem??
no abdominal distension, no constipation at all (there is no alteration)
a very important note! when I am outside the house even if I am outside for the whole day I dont have this diarrhea :S ,, it is a confusing thing for me really
I'm a little confused. You say your symptoms worsen in cold weather. But in your last post you say you can stay outside the whole day and not get diarrhea.
i dont mean cold weather that the temp is low, I meant by it that if i dont cover my stomach it will feel cold and the symptoms begin, even if the temp is 30 c
plz could anybody help me??
is there anybody in this forum???? could it be ulcerative colitis or irritable bowel syndrome?????
still waiting ,,,,
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Everyone that answers on this forum is just a volunteer and most of us have other jobs.  You need to be patient in waiting for a response; you waited less than one day.  In the future wait three days for a response, and if you don't get one after three days, then reply to your post with the word "bump" so that it will be seen again.  It might be IBS, but I don't think it is UC.  I would recommend you try eliminating 100% of all lactose from your diet for 2 weeks to see if that helps.  What tests have you had?
thnx for ur response and sorry that I insisted to have the answer soo early, next time I will wait :) sorry again
ok I didnt do any test till now, only a CBC before 2 months and it was normal, am planning to see a doctor these days, but i wanna tell u something new, before 2 days when I had the diarrhea in that night I took 2 tablets of POXEDIUM (Chlordiazepoxide , Clidinium bromide) and since that time i didnt have a bowel motion but exessive wind is getting out (36 hours ago),,, could this be  suggestive of IBS or what?
thanks again for ur reply and plz forgive me
Why did you take the poxidium?  I would recommend you try eliminating 100% of all lactose from your diet for 2 weeks to see if that helps.
r u thinking of malabsorption??
I'm thinking it could be lactose intolerance (different than a malabsorption).  Why did you take the poxidium?
but am not drinking milk derivatives, the only thing I do that i drink a cup of Nescafe every morning that i put 1 spoon of milk on it, and i do this thing since about 10 years and the problem started about 1 year ago

we have poxidium in the home, everybody in our family feel colicky pain and diarrhea takes it
oh I forget to tell u that I had a BM today, and there was no diarrhea
People can develop lactose intolerance over time.  I would recommend you eliminate 100% of all lactose for 2 weeks to see if that helps.  If you are barely having any lactose anyways, this should be easy.