Gastroenterology Community
10 yr Wrong Diag Anal Spasms/Fissure
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

10 yr Wrong Diag Anal Spasms/Fissure

Has anyone gone as long as I did without a proper diagnosis for possible fissure/ spasms?  It started 10 yrs ago, went to very dr that I knew could help, no one ever suggested a fissure to explain the symptoms I had.  Lost my job it became so bad, it was just since 3 wks ago when a colorectal surgeon, who happened to have removed my gallbladder in early dec. Informed me the pain and discomfort could be a fissure....how does something like this go undetected?  I have been describing this pain to my gyn in more detail, unbelievable...i was told the surgery is the only way to treat it affectively...other treatments avail. But many of these options were not a permanent solution....i have an excellent surgeon, who does not push for unnecessary surgeries....after 10 yrs of suffering, i am not that optimistic that even surgery will be an instan relief...has anyone had this kind of experience??  If so, how do you manage and did surgery help??
Was diagnosed with rectal fissures that cause Charlie horse pain /cramping in rectum..these are he'll..
I was never told surgery would help, obit have read it would be painful..and do not know if that would be a permanent solution..
I have xylocaine ointment in aquaphor.. An analgesic with warer soluble base....compounded by my pharmacy and it requires a prescription..
I use 6 % strength but most drs prescribe 4%...and be sure to get a rectal inserter..it is like a vaginal cream dispenser but smaller at insertion point..
I was also told but never used a smooth muscle relaxant medication like ventolin ....
I flew lot of long hour flights and that was what caused me to see a young British doctor in Hong Kong 13yrs ago.. He and his father used a scope to look up the rectum and found the fissures..
K
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank