20 y/o daughter with gastroparesis for 3 years and no resolution only getting worse
My 20 y/o daughter has been ill for the last 3-4 years.  She has been diagnosed with 100% delayed gastric emptying.  She is in the hospital every 4-6 weeks for hydration and meds.  Today she was told by the doctor that she is only going to get worse.  Help!!!! What can be done for my daughter?  She has not had a normal life in the last 4 years.  Is there some kind of study for this kind of thing anywhere that might help?
Have you looked into the gastric pacemaker?
Hello Renee,

I also have gastroparesis.  I just had gastic pacemaker put in Nov. I had it done at Temple in Philadelphia.  So far it has not help just yet but the doctors told me it could take a couple of months the only thing I have noticed that I am not as sick at bed time like before.  It have to give it some time.  I have been on all the medication and nothing work for me.  I had to have feeding tube. TPN  Right now I am at 85 lbs. I have been out of work for 6 months and they traced my problem back to two years ago.  Until I went to Temple they keep telling me I have IBS no helped me.  I also have colitis and hashimoto's disease which cause problems.  Please let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks,
Stacey