Gastroenterology Community
3 small Gastric Ulcers possible cancer?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

3 small Gastric Ulcers possible cancer?

Hi, im 26 years old and i recently went to a doctor due to stomach pains and alot of gas passing my system for about 2 months. He eventually did a H pylori breath test and a stool test and did not find the bacteria present in my body. Just yesterday I had a endoscopy done he gave me a copy of the report and told me to follow up with him in 2 weeks and after 2months he wanted to perform another endoscopy on me to make sure the ulcers go away. He took a biopsy of the 3 ulcers to make sure they werent cancerous and he assured me the type of ulcer i had is not cancerous, but he took a biopsy anyway. I recently looked online and found out that gastric ulcers can be cancerous and non cancerous i was unable to determine if mine were cancerous or not just by looking at images. I was wondering did he just say they werent cancerous so i wouldnt think about it or is he being honest?
Get a copy of the biopsy report. It will tell you about the state of the ulcers and give you a good indication of whether or not the doc is being forthcoming.
They always biopsy things like that, so don't let this bother you.  I think he is being honest with you, and but they are rquired to biopsy any abnormalities (even an ulcer).  I have never heard of a gastric ulcer being cancerous, and there are many things that can cause these.  I had one caused by taking Advil for 10 days, I actually vomited some blood.  Below is one of the most reputable places to get your info on medical issues.  You'll be fine and take care!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/peptic-ulcer/DS00242
Hi i just wanted to say thanks for you guys supporting me the ulcers turned out not to be cancerous i just got the report a few days ago and asked the doctor to give me a copy of the biopsy report.