8mm Polypoid Lesion in Duodenal Bulb
I've had a 3 week history of vague abdominal pain with some stool irregularities (namely, foul odor and soft texture).

All blood tests (CBC, CMP, pancreatic enzymes, CRP, ESED, LDH) have been normal.
Abdominal ultrasound was normal.

I had an MR Enterography a few days ago. The impression was that there was an "Apparent 8mm polypoid lesion in the right wall of the duodenal bulb. Otherwise, normal MR Enterography." No other abnormalities were noted.

The recommended follow-up was upper endoscopy, which I have scheduled for Tuesday. But in the mean time, I am petrified. From what I've read, 90% of the polyps in the duodenal bulb are benign. I don't know what that makes the other 10%--because I've seen them described as adenomas and carcinoid tumors, in addition to the clearly malignant adenocarcinoma. I know the adenomas and carcinoids can possess characteristics of precancerous growths.

Maybe I misunderstand this all. 90% benign may mean 90% non-neoplastic, and 10% neoplastic? I don't know. My head is spinning with worry.

My doctors seem unconcerned, and noted that on my last upper endoscopy (3/2012), nothing was seen there. So there is a possibility that the MR picked up a piece of food or something; moreover, if it is something, it is still likely nothing to worry about.

All I know is that this is apparently considered a small polypoid lesion at 0.8 cm, and that I have some symptoms anyway, I don't know what to make of that.

Does anyone have any insight?
Additional note of symptomology: weight loss. About 8 pounds in 14 days.