9 mm tubular adenoma
Last month I had a 9 mm adenoma removed via sigmoidoscopy from the sigmoid colon.   Prior to this, I was experiencing a brown watery discharge, a feeling of swelling from within the colon, a burning red rash around the anus and more recently nausea, loss of appetite, fatigue and a feeling of weakness.   The lab report said that the polyp was benign.  Could it have caused these symptoms, since after removal, I was symptom free.   GI specialist says not.
Hi there,
I cannot confirm anything without knowing the complete history and invesitigations.Colorectal polyps are not usually associated with symptoms. If there are any symptoms then it can cause rectal bleeding, bloody stools, abdominal pain and fatigue. Large polyp may cause nausea, vomiting by leading to obstruction .It is best to have frank discussion with your gatroenterologist.That will definitely help. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!