Gastroenterology Community
ACUTE HEADACHE

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

ACUTE HEADACHE

HI,i m sufferer of h pylori.I m actually obsessed with this disease due to this i have suffered alot.I m taking antidepressants medicine.I want to inquire that h pylori is causing that headache plus nausea....and if pure honey can cure this h pylori.                                      REGARDS
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I believe that h pylori can cause nausea but not headaches.  Pure honey can't cure this.  Are you currently under the treatment of a gastroenterologist?
Yeah i have taken antibiotic 10 day regime for h pylori.its been almost three months back,at that time my antibodies against h pylori in blood was 7.26U/ml.Later onwards it has decreased to 5.01U/ml.i have gone through endoscopy and biopsy  stating                                                          Antrum biopsy: chronic  h pylori associated gastritis.                                            Duodenum biopsy:mild chronic non specific inflammation.  endoscopy results normal.  my main concern is that i am passing semi formed stools.i have been labelled as IBS.i hav'nt gone for colonoscopy yet.i have taken flax seeds which have turned my semiformed stools into formed.i have surf alot gaining info about manuka honey.now plz tell me whether h pylori causing problem in my stools or what?one more thing when i eat gases comes out thats embarrasing.plz figure it out........desperately waiting for ur reply.......
Manuka honey would be considered an "alternative medicine" treatment so it is up to you if you want to try it.  H pylori could be causing the problems in your stool but not necessarily.  To avoid the gas problem, try eating less food that causes gas such as carbonation, beans, etc.
R u a doc?Is my biopsy normal?Well thanks for the suggestion regarding gassy problem but i am not convinced with ur reply{H pylori could be causing the problems in your stool but not necessarily}.Dont wanna hurt u,just tell me if u can help me with this.tell me gastritis is a serious problem or what?IS there anything to worry about?I am really curious to know if there is something serious?I really appreciate ur suggestion regarding my gassy problem, thanks again.....take care
I can help you with this.  I am not a doctor (no one on this forum is) but I do know a lot about gastroenterology.

You biopsy is not normal because you have H pylori.  However, because nothing else is stated, it appears as though you don't have any other problems going on besides H pylori and the associated gastritis.

What I mean by "H pylori could be causing the problems in your stool but not necessarily" is that most people with H pylori do not have the problems with stool that you describe.  However, it is not out of the question that the H pylori could be causing the problems with you stool so I would not assume that the problems with your stool won't get better once you cure the H pylori.

In my opinion, gastritis and H pylori are not serious.  More than 1/2 the people in the world have H pylori.  The most common reason why people have gastritis is H pylori.  The only thing I'd say you might have to worry about is getting ulcers which are little sores inside your stomach, which sometimes happen with H pylori.  However, if you are going through treatment and are being evaluated by a doctor then this is unlikely.

Another idea I forgot to mention about your gassy problem is to avoid all lactose to see if that helps.  Good luck.
Thanks alot ...Which test would u recommend for checking my h pylori current situation...Should i prepare myself for colonoscopy?Frankly i am little afraid for colonoscopy,is there any other test besides colonoscopy to see my intestines and colon.I guess any pills which taken orally and can evaluate any result.what is the exact problem.its just odd stools,IBS or ?I am really in no mans land right now really obsessed with it.i am gaining weight around 7 kgs.keep up the good work......
The easiest test to do to check for H pylori is the blood test.  However, this is not 100% accurate.  The most accurate test is an endoscopy.  I don't believe you need a colonoscopy because your bowel symptoms are so mild.  There is a test where you swallow a pill that has a camera on it, but I don't believe you need this either.  Your only bowel symptom is that your stool is a little bit loose right?  And it got better with flax right?
Yup u r right,my stool gets better with flax seeds.Initially when i had an endoscopy it states normal,when antibodies against h pylori were 7.26U/ml.3 months back it came to 5.01U/ml.one more thing my stools reaction is acidic.How to make it alkaline.any medicine for gassy problem......Is it IBS?
How do you know your stools reaction is acidic?  If this is not bothering you, you shouldn't treat it.  Medicines got gassy problems include things like Gas-X.  I don't think it is IBS, or anything else, because your symptoms are so mild and you found a cure.
I had my stool R/E test regularly.2 months back reaction of my stool was alkaline and after onwards it is acidic.I t feels as if i am passing heat[like fire] with my stool.when my stool was alkaline i didnt felt this heating effect.Any help for this...
Certain foods can make your stool acidic.  Try avoiding caffeine and spicy foods and see if that helps.
Hi,how r u?As far as i am concern already taking chilliless food,mainly consuming vegetables.Anything else?
Are you consuming any caffeine?
Hi,sorry for late reply.got busy schedules.....No i am not consuming any caffeine..Can u tell me what is the purpose of flax seeds and are there any possible side effects of herbal medicines?
The purpose of flax seeds are that they are easily digested fiber.  Fiber adds bulk to the stool when helps with stool problems.  I don't know enough to tell you about possible side effects of herbal medicines.