Gastroenterology Community
ANYONE HAD A BLEEDING ULCER W/ ALOT OF BLOOD LOSS???

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

i have a question and i hope someone here can help me. last week i was hospitalized and in ICU from a bleeding ulcer (i didnt know i had) my stomach felt funny the week b4 this and on Friday night i threw up ALOT of blood and instead of going to the ER i went to bed!!! (i was just sooo tired) so i woke up Sat. morning @ 5:30am to pee and thats when it all came out...lots of blood. my b/f rushed me to the ER. turns out i had 2 bleeding ulcers and had lost 7 pints of blood. so they went in and fixed them and i had a blood transfusion. so here's my question????

how long should it take to get my energy back?
what are some things i should watch for so this doesnt happen again???

it was very scary and now i'm a little paranoid since this came on so suddenly and with out warning...any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thank You :)
Hi - you don't explain whether the blood came from your mouth or anus.
If from your mouth, sounds like a stomach or small intestinal problem.
I have had a number of episodes of heavy bleeding from the anus (had Crohn's for some 38 years) - some 5 yrs ago, had a high temp, thought it was flu, slept all day at a friends' home in Florida when I was visiting from the UK and  in the early evening just poured out with blood again as I did that morning.  She took me to the ER - sat 2 hours on the loo there, until she went up to the triage receptionist, asked for her name, and said she would make her personally responsible if I died. I was seen within minutes =  very ill, bp 70 over 40, and the last thing I remember was the doc saying : "We are losing her". Luckily I had transfusions, on steroids, loads of tests, was in ICU for 4 days, then high dependancy unit - cost me some $15.500 , but glad to be alive today.
You must get to the bottom of the cause, because it can, and will, happen again unless you get it sorted out.You need to see a gastro urgently and get the problem properly diagnosed - you really are dicing with your life.
Take care, Liz.
Hi, I recently had sex with this guy. And it was the scariest thing i experienced in my life. During sex, after he pulled his penis out, there was blood everywhere, on thebed floors, and inside of me. There even was a huge bright red blod clot on the floor. I am so afraid, what does this mean?