Abdominal Distention and weird stools
For a couple of years now I have had a lot of clear mucus in my stools.  I also can see a lot of a shiny substance like oil or pus that floats on top of the water in the stool.  Sometimes I have large bowel movements and other times those that are quite loose but not quite diaherra (sp?).  Sometimes the stool color is really light, other times a very dark color.  For the past couple of months I have gained about 12 to 15 pounds with no change in diet but have a large degree of abdominal distention just under the rib cage especially on the left side.  I have been told I have small gall stones but that the surgeon didn't think my gallbladder was the cause of all my symptoms.  I have had several CT scans and also an endoscopy and colonscopy.  All were clear except for the known gallstone issue and we are waiting on biopsies from the scopes although the pictures themselves showed no signs of anything like Chrons, cancer, or ulcers.  I am quite uncomfortable due to the abdominal distention, tired, and am having issues with what appears to be a "night sweat" or hot flash but can happen during the day (although night is more frequent) and it lasts for hours, not a few minutes like a hot flash.  Any idea what this could be or ideas on new things to check for?
Thank you so much!
One idea would be to have your liver panel done. The abdominal distention, the fatigue and light colored stools sound liver related to me, but certainly it could be a number of things. Did they figure out what the cause for the distention is?? Have you had a CT scan since that part started? I would think they could tell if it was fluid or a 'mass' or whatever.
I have been having the same symptoms. Sometimes i get small round dark black stool like rocks and sometimes i get diarreah. there is mucus in my stool and always a yellow orangish clear mucus after im done..sometimes i get pain under my left ribcage and do get back pain also i have no clue whats going on?