Abdominal Hernia- mesh repair
Many years ago I had a hernia repair with sutures. This did not hold and in 2007 I once again had the abdominal hernia repaired, but this time Mesh was use. My hernia was quite large. And my doctor described my mucsles as swiss cheese. There were quite a few holes, with the biggest one being the size of a baseball. I am in my mid 40's and I am a bit overweight. Since my surgery I have gained about 10-13 pounds.
Last week the hernia sight began to hurt. Not a sharp pain, but dull. And my girlfrind noticed that it once again is sticking out. Not as much as beofre the surgery, but it is noticable. The other issue is that thee is a hard lump that i can feel. I have not thrown up or and still contine to have BM movement. It does seem to fell a bit warmer around the area. Currently I do not have atemp. I could not go in to see my surgeon, but made an appointment with my physician. He is going to do a cat scan.
Any one have any suggesting as to what my issue may be??? Also, should I really be seeing a specialist at this point? My physician said let's get the cat scan and then decide... I guess I feel concerned that he is not mentioning what the possibilities are.
Why do I have a lump and what does it mean when it is warm to the touch. And what is the significance that my hernia is now visable to the eye again...did it fail??? And why would he suggest a cat scan....

I had a double insicional hernia repair done in 2008 (see my post) with mesh and have just had a ultrsound scan done another lump that has formed over the scar...
Had trouble with repair as i had an allergic reaction to staples and they had to be removed early and then opened so its not a pretty sight! I really thought is was the hernia again as it looked the same...

They said the lump is a granuloma..and reading up on it it says it is a reaction to a foreign body (mesh maybe?) and it is also very warm to the touch and causes pain on stretching.
I am now waiting to see the surgeon to explain what kind of granuloma it is and what is the treatment if any??

Hope your scan goes well
Hello- I did  not have any reaction to the staples. The lump I have is right where the hernia is. So you are saying that your granuloma is not near your staple sites?? How did they discover  the granuloma? Cat scan, ultra sound???
I hope everything goes well for you also.