Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal Pain, Discomfort & Rumbling!!

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal Pain, Discomfort & Rumbling!!

Hey....About a month ago I got these chronic pains to the lower left of my bowel area. It was after a restaurant meal but it came on pretty soon in the car and it was so bad I couldn't move. Once I got out of the car and walked around, had some ginger the pain went.
Last week I got the same pain but it was much worse. I found it hard to breathe and every movement and touch hurt. Again it was after a restaurant meal but was again better after I got out of the car.
The last few days it has been coming and going but the same area has been really active and rumbly.
i don't really have the symptoms of IBS and know that a doctor is probably going to say that's all it is anyway.

Anyone have something similar or advice of what could be wrong ???
Avatar n tn
I don't know what you have, but diverticulosis tends to flare up in the left lower quadrant.  Were you eating nuts or seeds or anything hard like that before you got the pain?  I had several episodes of LLQ pain in the past where I had sudden onset of excruciating pain, nausea, felt warm had low-grade fever, just didn't feel well.  For some reason mine always came on at the end of the day/night, though, and would last for about 24 hours each episode.  I'm pretty sure, although, not positive, it was diverticulitis, as it was always after eating a lot of nuts/seeds.  But your pain sounds like it was short-lived (an hour or two), so I don't know if that could be diverticulitis or not.