Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal Pain above and around Navel for over a week, plus bloating, f...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal Pain above and around Navel for over a week, plus bloating, flatulence, and diarrhea. What is it?

I've never had this before, but I've had Abdominal Pain above and around my Naval that comes and goes every day for over a week, plus bloating, flatulence, and diarrhea.  It is significantly worse at night, and in the mornings I feel completely normal (so much so that I can go running 2.5 miles without any problems or symptoms after waking up).  I'm quite regular and go to the toilet at least once a day, but have had liquid diarrhea 3 times in the past week.  That also seems to come and go since this morning I had very solid feces, but at night had liquid diarrhea again (twice, not a lot, but 100% liquid).  At one time this week when it wasn't diarrhea, my feces was floating in the water, but that only happened once.  I did not notice any blood in any of the feces this week.  I have also never vomited since this began, nor have I had the urge to.

Whenever I eat, my entire abdomen feels and looks bloated.  The pain itself seems to manifest itself a few hours after I eat.

The Abdominal Pain usually starts above my Naval, and at night it surrounds the center of my Naval.  It is quite painful at night, but not excruciating, and not sharp nor located in a specific area.  It feels more like a general cramp, and sometimes it feels similar to when you get hit in the Groin. Sometimes I can also feel my Kidneys, like a slight pressure/discomfort on both of them while the pain is manifesting itself, but this is not often.

Throughout the day, I have foul-smelling flatulence.  Not a lot of it, but perhaps a little bit more than normal (or I'm noticing it more due to the smell).

This all started over a week ago after a meal of turkey and white beans.  I've never had this before, I'm generally a very healthy person, but this does not seem like it is going away.

My mother has Celiac Disease, but I took a blood-test a couple of years back that showed I was negative.  This is happening regardless of the foods I eat, or whether I eat gluten food or not.

Other than all of the above, I feel perfectly fine and never had any stomach issues before this week.

What do you think I might have?  Please help narrow it down and suggest a course of action.

Thank you for your help.
Have you talked to yoour doctor?
My Doctor won't be in until Tuesday, so I'm trying to get a heads up on what this might be.

I don't consider this a medical emergency because it comes and goes throughout the day, as I described in my original post, and the pain is not severe or excruciating when it comes on.

I should add that I live a relatively stress-free live, sleep at least 8 hours every day, am in my low 30's, and that the pain is always central, along the vertical line of the Navel.

Do anyone have any ideas that might help narrow it down?

Please respond.  Thank you.
I went to the emergency room today so that I don't have to wait until Tuesday, and they checked my blood and urine.

The ONLY thing that was out of order is the eosinophil count, which was measured at 1,040 / uL (normal is below 500).

I will have to wait until Monday to go to a Digestive specialist to see what is going on.

Until then, does anyone here have any ideas about what I might have?  

No one here seems to be replying...
Is anyone reading this?

Anyway, yesterday I went to see a digestive specialist.  They made me do an endoscopy, an ultrasound, and a stool sample.  

The endoscopy showed everything from the esophagus, stomach, pylorus, and duodenum looked "normal" EXCEPT for the "incisure" and "antrum" of the stomach which had "erythematous mucosa".  They took a biopsy of that part for the CLOtest to test for Helicobacter pylori, but the test hasn't changed from yellow to red in 20 hours, so I don't think I have that bacteria.

They also took a biopsy of the duodenum to test for Celiac Disease, even though that region visually looked "normal" in the Endoscopy.

In the Ultrasound they did not detect any Gall Bladder stones or Kidney stones.  However, they did discover that my right kidney is very small and possibly non-functional whereas the left kidney is slightly larger than normal (possibly compensating for the right one).  I should mention that the person conducting the Ultrasound told me that this is probably unrelated to what I'm going through now and has probably been like that for a while (presumably without any symptoms as I didn't even know I had that until now).

At any rate, I won't be getting the full results of the Endoscopy, Ultrasound, or Stool sample for another week, and I'm scheduled to see a top-notch digestive specialist with those results in 10 days.

However, in the meantime, I'm still experiencing pain so I would still appreciate help in narrowing the cause of this down and what I can do to NOT experience the pain and discomfort while I wait to see the specialist.  I'm getting to the point where I'm eating a lot less just so that I don't have to feel the pain later on, and that's making me lose weight.

I would appreciate any and all help, even if entirely speculative.

Thanks.
i have the same problem but i have vomited mine started after eating hot dogs last week i had and ultrasound and hida scan in may and they said every thing is normal please tell me what you found out i have not told my parents that i keep feeling sick since they are still paying for the scan from may and my mom is out of work
While I wait for the results of my biopsy and to see the specialist, I've conducted a little diet test.  Two days ago I went on a solid fruit + rice diet and for 48 hours I've barely had any pain, so that's the first time in almost 2 weeks that I've gotten "better".  I started to think that maybe it was because I had removed gluten from my diet, so today I did another test and replaced rice with a full baguette bread and had that as a meal 5 hours ago.  I have not had any pain since then, so that looks hopeful as it does not seem my body is reacting to the gluten at all.  

So my body is either naturally recovering from whatever the heck I had, or the bare-bones "diarrhea" diet is what's making a big difference.  Either way, I am very relieved to see me body NOT react to the gluten.
really i had same problem there is any medicine did u use for it ?
So how are? What was the outcome?