Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal Pain and Low Gallbladder Ejection Fraction
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abdominal Pain and Low Gallbladder Ejection Fraction

I am a 27 year old female, and for about 8 months I have had reoccuring abdominal pain in my upper left side, getting worse in the past few months and moving into my back. The pain lasts for about 4-6 hours. I had a HIDA scan done and my ejection fraction is less that 5!!! I have also had an ultrasound and CT, and there are no stones. I also had an endoscopy done, and nothing showed up other than some rare alergy (allergy) called eosiniphilic esophagitis, which my doctor does not think has anything to do with my gallbladder pain. I respect his approach, as he wants to make sure there isn't a secondary cause of the pain and low ejection fraction before he take my gallbladder out, but what else could it be? I have always had a weak stomach and drink Malox everyday day to prevent diarrhea, which works. I am an extremely healthy eater, I weigh 125 pounds and am 5'5', I don't drink a lot, don't smoke, pretty much as healthy as I can be. I am tired all the time and get sick a lot, mostly swolllen glands, but I have always been this way and have always suspected some kind of autoimmunie disorder. Also, and I know this is going to sound crazy, but the past couple of days I have been dizzy, seeing colored spots and last night part of my tongue went numb. I am at a loss...so any suggestions will be appreciated. I do have another appointment coming up in three weeks.