Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal Pain

Okay. So all this year I have had an upper GI and lower, showing I have hiatal hernia, produce too much stomach acid, and I now take medicine for the stomach acid up to 4 times a day. What brought me to have this procedure is because I kept complaining about lower right pain in my pelvic area and my bowel movement had blood in them along with having internal or external hemroids. (note: I was later told they also found gall stones during a ct scan in my gall bladder, but no harm)..
Few months pass and for the last three weeks, I have had bloating in my stomach, I do pass some gas, I have pain in the upper right hand side beneathe my ribs (kinda hurts to wear a bra too), I continue to have pain in my lower right pelvic area, and even at times I have pain in my upper left area under my rib. Last week the pain was as if I were having contractions. This week it's pain and I can even feel a buldge in my right rib area where it has been hurting. The pain can go all over my stomach. I get burning sensation pain with the upper right area under my rib.
After four visits in the last 2 weeks to the emergency department, I about give up. I've been told it must be my gall bladder or my hiatal hernia and it was not gas or constipation. (1st I was told I had a UTI plus ring worm), Third trip was probably due from all the stress I had been under, no big deal. Take my xanax and muscle relaxer. The fourth trip I had such bad lower abdominal cramping I could hardly stand up but was told everything looked good I was just constipated, which I figured I could be, but when I had a bowel movement, there was a lot of blood. I was also told there was a small cyst on my right ovary and also on my liver, but nobody would ever tell me because they are too small to be a concern.
I'm tired of not feeling well and I have been under a tramendous amount of stress, but I know my body and I'm also not stupid. What do I do now?
It's possible the right-sided pain is due to the gallbladder. For that, you need to ask them to perform an ultrasound to check out the gallstone situation - it CAN cause problems - and the thickness of the gallbladder wall. Thickening can suggest problems. The gallstone issue can cause problems because contraction of the gallbladder on stone(s) can cause pain.

Some of the abdominal problems - gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea - could also be due to the gallbladder. Unregulated release of bile from that little sac can irritate the large intestine and result in diarrhea. If bile isn't released, it won't stimulate the large intestine to move the contents forward and you can have constipation (and whitish stools).

Thank you for responding. They did an ultra sound and ct scan and said they don't see anything. I believe it was because the emergency department can really only bandaid the situation and my PCP has to take action, which I go see my new PCP next Wednesday hoping for some assured answers. Thanks again.