Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal bloating/ Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal bloating/ Pain

I Started off with allot of bloating and lots of discomfort / pressure in the middle to upper abdomen. I also was having pain around both sides of my kidney area and went around to my lower and mid back. I have had all this disomfort going on for about 3 months now. I am a big guy and i am 43 years of age. I am on lots of medication. Quinaprill, lipitor,medformin, klonopin, prozac, singluair, albuterol inhaler, prilosec. I have started having some very tense pressure and discomfort and very uncomfortable in my abdomen. I also am having some intense,stabbing pain in the middle to upper abdomen and on a scale 1 to 10, I would say it is about a 8 or so, happens 20 times or so a day I also get a burning sensation off and on in the middle of abdomen.. I do get some pain in my neck,shoulder and collar bone but not sure if any of this is related to my other issues. The test I have had are ,  CHEST XRAY, SCOPE FOR MY THROAT, UPPER GI , ABDOMEN CT WITH CONTRAST, STRESS TEST, PULMONARY FUNCTION TEST, ECHOCARDIOGRAM TEST,  COLONOSCOPY, AND A UPPER ENDOSCOPY TO LOOK DOWN IN MY STOMACH,  So that is all the test I have had done, is there anything else I should have done. All my test come back good . Only thing i have been told i have is trap gas and acid reflex.  Being all that said i still having lots of issues.  ..."""""PLEASE HELP ME """""
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Are you on a GERD-friendly diet?  Doing so could definitely help your symptoms.
Have you had any bloodwork done?  If not you need to.  Acid reflux can make you miserable and it sounds like the Prilosec isn't helping, tell your doctor you want to try something else for the GERD.  Spicy and acidic foods will make it worse, so pay attention to what you're eating.  Speaking from experience....get a second opinion from a well qualified Gastroenterologist, you can have your tests sent to him so when you meet with him the two of you can discuss them.  I wouldn't stop on this, it sounds like more than GERD to me.  It took 3 GI doctors to diagnose my son correctly, so a second opinion is truly needed here.  I hope you can get some relief from this, but it's going to take another doctor to help you.  Call the AMA and ask for the names of the top 3 GI doctors in your area or you can google this...but get another opinion.  I hope this helps and best wishes.