Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal pain, sensitive to touch

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal pain, sensitive to touch

I have been having abdominal pain for a while.  Most of the time it is little sharp pains, sometimes the pain is intensified if I touch the area where it is hurting.  I have had the pains all over my abdomen, low, high, left, and right sides.  Sometimes the pain feels deeper, and covers a greater area and also hurts when I touch it.  It doesn't matter if I eat or not.  I have not eaten anything at all today and it still hurts.  The pain comes and goes, sometimes it lasts a second or two, sometimes it is a couple of minutes.  Sometimes changing positions helps.  I have also noticed some burping when I haven't eaten anything, wierd noises in my stomach, and a spot on the left of my belly where I will have a tingling feelinf alot of the time, sometimes all over the mid section.  Also one time I had upper abdomen pain in the middle of a BM.  My mom said this is all stress, but I think I need a doctor.  I don't have a loss of appetite, I am hungry and want to eat, but I feel like eating will only intensify my pain and I am afraid to.  Any help please?
I have also noticed that I am burping even though I have not eaten in a day.  And I think, but am not sure that cheez-its make the pain worse.
and it seems like the more extreme pain is on the right side of my belly, that is where the pain first started, it came on really suddenly after I had eaten when I was lying on my right side, I have had some pain today even though I have not eaten, but not as bad as it was after I had eaten alot.
I HAVE THR SAME PAIN THEY KEEP CHECKING MY GULLBLADDER (gallbladder),BUT THATS NOT IT. IF I LAY ON THAT SIDE ITS WORSE. THEY GAVE ME REGLAN THAT HELPS ALOT
Well I ate a PBJ, some peaches and some milj, and had a little back pain on my left side, but no bad stomach pain.  I think it might be something in the cheez-its, I am not sure what is going on.
also this morning when I woke up I was having sharp pains in the middle of my chest when I was lying down.
My symptoms are very similar to Jordans. Dont know what's causing them...I do take Pariet for the Gastro/Heartburn problem that I have. Maybe it is due to stress as I worry that it mght be something more serious.
yeah, they tell me stress or anxiety, but I have nothing to stress me out at all.  I am chilling at my house, resting as much as I can, watching tv or on the computer.  I had to withdraw from school this semester from missing so many days because of my medical problems.  I am not use to being in pain, and I don't see how stress can cause real similar pain.  I am not stressed or anxious.  I know what both of those feel like.  I have been stressed and anxious before and it has never caused me any kind of pain.
and wat the heck, I had diarrhea that burned my rectum yesterday, with alot of blood spots on the papre, and one stool that was like a long brown piece of string, like a long string of algae or something.
Hey Jordan,

Have you had blood in your stool before or is this the first time?...and how old are ou if you don't ind my asking.
Hey, you should see a doc. This could be serious, esp. if you have blood in your stool. Now, is it IN your stool, like you see red in the bowl, or is it just on the tissue. If it is just on the tissue this might be from a hemorrhoid and is a lot less serious than if you are seeing blood intermingled with your diarrhea. The long brown piece of string might just be mucus. It tends to be jelly like and can end up coming out long and stringy.

For right now, I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your primary care doctor and starting a food/pain journal. What you do is write down everything you eat, as specifically as you can and include the time you eat it. Write down how you feel right before you eat it and then write down anything you feel/hear during/afterward along with the time and intensity. Basically, be as detailed as you can. After a week, this food journal (or log some call it) might show patterns you didn't know were there. Perhaps a certain food that effects you for days (maybe gluten, a protein in wheat, rye, barley and many oats) or perhaps dairy products. You'd be surprised. You might find that its more a matter of timing than WHAT you eat. Just be diligent about it or else the experiment is useless. The doctor will really appreciate this and take what you are saying seriously. This is SUPER important because a lot of doctors ignore stomach pain because everyone has it from time to time.

Good luck!

K

P.S. If you start to have large amounts of blood in your stool, or  black stools which suggest digested blood, get to your doctor ASAP.
thanks, no the blood was mostly on the toilet tissue, there wasn't much, but ut has not been there since that day.  I am not in as much pain now, I ate some bagel bites and did ok, and had a regular size semi normal color bm this morning.  But almost all the time when I am sitting down I have this tingling feeling on the left side of my belly like it is going to sleep.
Hey Jordon,

Any update on how you are feeling now...were they able to specifically diagnose what was wrong witrh you because I still have the symptoms. the doctors keep saying that it is my gall bladder even though my Ultra Sound came back OK. I have started having back pain too. They are talking about removing my gall bladder and it really scares me.

Mastkalandar