Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal pain, yellow stool, constipation

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hey there, I'm a 21 year old male, and for the past few weeks I've had upper abdominal pressure that the doctor has said is just excess stomach acid, prescribed Prilosec and sent me on my way.

That worked for a week, felt fine, but then the pain started to come back.  Went back to the doctor for her to tell me it's still the same thing, but instead having me take Prilosec in the AM, and Zantac in the PM.  Right after I started this regimine, I became constipated, but no pain or anything.  Just like a decrease in bowel movements.

Over the weekend, I had a severe bloody bowel movement, to which I called the doctor immediately after, they said they were going to have a GI doc call me today, but no dice there.  Said to monitor it myself, if I had another one to head in to the hospital.

The movements I am able to have are either diarrhea, or very small (length, not width).  The solid movements I have are greasy/yellow/soft which leads me to think that it's a digestive problem and that I'm not absorbing/digesting the fats in the food I eat.
Forgot one small bit, but since this has been happening I've had an unstable body temperature.  Noted a low temp of 96.5, but my normal temperature is the 98 average.  If I wrap up in a blanket, or drink something hot, I can feel myself warm back up and feel fine.
Talk to them about Ulcerative colitis or crohns disease. They did the same thing to me. You need to see a gastro. Get a colonoscopy. Most times it come out in your teens, or 20's. I found out at 27. everything sounds the same as myself. Also check for celiacs, just in case
Are you physically active? worried about your problem?
I would say average in physical activity. I was diagnose with severe Ulcerative Colitis about a year ago. and we are still working with different types of meds and each cause their own issues. Sad to say, when you find out what the issues are, doesn't mean they will be fixed. But if you do have a types of Bowel disease, you start to learn alot about yourself and what you can deal with. and in some cases, the first meds ever given work great.
Yellow bowels can mean a few things. For me it usually means my body is passing everything too fast. it can also mean alot of fat in your diet. you can have them do a galbladder check as well
Physically active at work, and worried about my problem yes.

Went back to the doctor again yesterday, she still think's its stomach acid related.

Had neon green diarrhea this morning, which I attributed to the massive amount of gatorade I drank last night.

At a sandwich for lunch today, 5-10 minutes later felt gurgling like I had to go but didn't, went a bit later and had a minor bloody stool.

Also since Sunday I've been very fatigued.  They checked for anemia, and I'm not anemic.  Did a blood draw and waiting for results now.

Asked her about my gallbladder, but she said it wouldn't be that as I'm having no pain in that area.