Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal pain during exercise

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal pain during exercise

Hello Doctors/people,

I'm currently 16 years of age but I've been experiencing an abdominal pain for the past few years every time I try to do exercise. The pain usually develops around the liver area (the right side of the body upon facing the screen when you read this) and at times around the intestinal region. The pain doesn't build up spontaneously but rather only after a length of time, probably when I'm into the 10th minute of my exercise session. The intensity of the pain is synonymous to the length of time I continue carrying out my workout and how vigorous my workout is after the pain has occurred.

Quite a number of people has quoted that the main cause of the pain is probably consuming water before my exercise regimen. But however, I've refrained myself from taking in water before the regimen and the same pain persists every time. Can someone diagnose my problem or at least identify what is going on?

Thanks in advance.
All I can think is to try metamucil every day and see if it helps.  It comes in convenient capsules.  You have to drink 8 ounces of water with 2-5 capsules.  My boyfriend started them to help his high cholesterol and ended up fixing his tummy.  
Thanks for the reply Caryopteris :) If I'm not mistaken, metamucil is actually fiber and I think I have normal bowel movements daily (about twice a day) and my diet consists of a lot of fruits and vegetables including oats in the morning.

I think the problem I'm suffering from is exercise-induced abdominal pain, the symptoms match up really closely to what I'm experiencing.