Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal pain for a week

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal pain for a week

I have had pain in my stomach for over a week now and it worsens after i eat. I have used pepto and it helps for about oh 30min. It's a constant ache and pain. I've actually refused to eat some meals just because i don't want to have to deal with the pain. Can anybody help????
I'm so sorry you are suffering.

I'm not a doctor and don't know anything about this stuff beyond what I have learned from my own situation.  I think post-prandial (after you eat) pain is a symptom.  Are you having any other symptoms?  If I were you, I'd start keeping a journal of what I eat, drink, medication, pain level, etc.  

Since the pain is so severe, it might be a great idea to see your family doctor and request a referral to a Gastroenterologist.  Just in case it's pancreas-related, it's great to know early.  

Some people have great success with digestive enzymes and pancreatic enzymes.  If you make an appointment with your doctor, you could ask for these.  Some doctors even have samples on hand.  From what I've learned, they don't do any harm so it can either help or do nothing.  

A low-fat, high-fibre diet is never a bad thing.  

Metamucil or similar product is wonderful to keep you regular.  It doesn't make you go, it just helps your body to move regularly.

Good luck and Godspeed!  Let me know how you make out?

All the best,

Sam