Abdominal pain; laxatives; few questions?
I went to my doctor today because I've been having severe abdominal pain the past few weeks, it seems pinpointed on my right side so I was terrified it's my appendix since I have a low grade fever, nauseous when I eat and drink a lot at once, my stomach is super bloated. After some poking around on my stomach, my doctor says I'm severely constipated. I got some Lax-A-Day since it's apparently the easiest on my body.

I was just a bit apprehensive though since all laxatives say that you shouldn't take them when you have abdominal pain, mild fever, bloated stomach. I have all of those symptoms but my doctor says it's just severe constipation. I'm just apprehensive that by taking a laxative it'll make it worse or something.

So I guess my question is does anyone have a solid answer to why you shouldn't take laxatives when you have abdominal pain, bloated, and feverish? And has anyone taken anything while they were experiencing the same?