Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal tingling
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abdominal tingling

Hi,

I have been experiencing abdominal discomfort for the past 10+ months.  The best way to describe this 'discomfort' is a tingling knot sensation.  It is a fullness in the upper left area of my abdomen.  In addition to this discomfort, i have experienced unexplained weight gain despite excercising/watching my diet.  However, my appetite is decreasing, in fact sometimes i am rather full after eating a small portion.  The sensation has no apparent correlation to food, but is more noticeable when sitting or laying down.  I have had an abdominal ultrasound, CT scan, upper endoscopy, and gastric emptying scan all normal.  My GI doctor has recommended a colonoscopy which she expects to be normal, and then suggests i see a neurologist or rheumatologist.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated, this condition has become increasingly frustrating...

This discussion is related to Swelled abdomen, feel grape size knot--what is this?.
Related Discussions
I have been havign something similar, I feel like my upper left abdomen is bulging and I can feel something funny all the way under my left rib cage. Sometimes I feel a weird sensation. I had a ultrasound, a CT scan and have seen 4 different doctors, first one told me he thought hernia- 2nd was a surgeon she said NOT a hernia, she was extremely rude and cold and acted liek I was wasting her time and told me there was nothing shed be looking for there in someone my age 3rd dr sent me for the CT scan and said he wanted to make sure there was no masses etc- 4th, she told me she thinks it is nothing I should be concerned with and all things are showing clear with nothing abnormal and she feels its a muscle problem. Not anything I should be concerned with. Im not sure what to think-- Im overweight, I am just worried to let it just be. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...