Aa
A
A
Close
Abnormal LFTs and Lipid Profile
I am 24 years old male and due to alot of study and now at my job I have been unable to do exercise properly.
My weight is 77kg and height is 5ft 7inch. BMI = 26.9

Some of my family members felt I my color has faded yellow so I did the below blood tests:
----------------------------
Liver Function Test:
----------------------------
Total Bilirubin                    :    2.6 mg/dL   Normal : 0.2 to 1.1
SGOT (AST)                     :    55 IU/L        Normal : 9 to 40
SGPT (ALT)                      :    115 IU/L      Normal : 5 to 50
Alkaline Phosphate            :    117 IU/L      Normal : 40 to 140
===============

-----------------------------
Lipid Profile:
-----------------------------
Total Cholestrol              :  201 mg/dL       Normal : upto 200
Triglycerides                  :  167 mg/dL       Normal : 150 to 200
HDL                              :  36                   Normal : more than 36
LDL                               :  132                 Normal :less than 150
===============

I am also a smoker, now I am worried will these effect my body badly. One more thing I have been not been much in sunlight since the past 2 months, as I have night shifts and evening shifts and sleep during the day.
I would like to include I have been having high ALT since long now, about 7 years and I really am fed up with all this. I have visited many doctors and have done ultrasounds and ECGs. All say fatty liver. I have been on medication many times but they never really help, in fact ruin everything.

6 years back a doctor put me on antibiotics (Augumentin 625mg) with some other medicines and it went on for 2 months or so, at the end I didnt feel good but felt rather bad. After that increase in my weight started to rise.

What can I do to normalize these values, and will weight loss be a major factor.
What diet would you suggest and should I use any medication or rely on the diet.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Though the liver function tests appear to be deranged, further investigations would be required in the situation to identify the primary cause and suggest a management plan. Though the BMI is slightly high, it is unlikely to be the primary cause of the deranged LFT, though weight reduction may be helpful. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a haepatologist and depending on the primary cause identified, a management plan can be drafted accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources