Aa
A
A
Close
Achalasia Issues: What Do I Do?
In late February I had esophageal manometry which indicated I had achalasia with bile reflux.  My gastroenterologist scheduled me for an upper GI endoscopy with botox treatment and prescribed Actigall, 1200mg daily.  After a few days of starting the Actigall I developed severe stomach cramps, loose stools, gas, and nausea and with the approval of the gastroenterologist I discontinued the Actigall and the problems went away.

A few weeks later I had the endoscopy and botox treatment.  The next day I experienced very severe pain right behind my breastbone similar to heartburn and have difficulty swallowing which continues.  I called the gastroenterologist who prescribed Carafate 1GM/10ml suspension two teaspoons 3 times daily and told me to resume the Actigall.  A few days after starting this regimen the gas, cramping, nausea and loose stools returned and were so bad that they kept me awake at night so I discontinued the Actigall once again.  Despite the fact that I am still taking the Carafate I still have the chest pain and difficulty swallowing.  This is really causing me difficulty in sleeping and I am in constant pain.  I'm about to insist that my gastroenterologist come up with a different strategy or switch doctors.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions?
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?
Gastroenterology Community Resources