Gastroenterology Community
Acid Reducers

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Acid Reducers

Hey everyone!

Not sure if I have the right forum...

I've had issues with excessive acid in my stomach. Some mornings I will wake up with heart burn.

I know part of this is due to my diet, however I have been getting plenty of fruits and veggies in the mix with meat and other foods.

I've been taking 100mg Ranitidine Tablets and it seems to help a ton with the acid and allows me to continue working or enjoying the foods.

Not having really any stomach pains jut heart burn often.

On the back it says to ask a doctor if taken longer than 14 days.

I've read plenty on that acid reducers can allow any healing of the esophagus and the stomach lining. So I thought I would take these.

What things can I expect to see if I continue to take these tablets? Can they be taken with long term use?

Thank you and God bless,
Johnathan