Acid reflux or somethig more?
Hi. I am a 26 year old female who does not smoke. Right after Christmas I started feeling like there was something in my throat and couldn't get it out. It is only the left side on my throat. I do not feel any irritation on the right side. Sometimes it feels like I have something on my tounge and other times it feels like there is something in my throat. And then there are times when the left side of my tounge feels tingly. The left side of my neck is achy and sore as well. I was really scared and went to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. He stuck a small scope up my nose and looked down into my throat. He said my throat looked very red and like I had been experiencing acid reflux. He said my symptoms could be signs of acid reflux. I've been taking the Nexium he prescribed for me for about 4 days, I've been laying off the caffeine and trying to sleep with my head elevated at night but I'm still having these symtpoms. Could this be acid reflux or something more serious? Should I get a second option or go to a GI doctor instead?

Thank you for your time and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.