Afraid to take the Prep
I am soooo not looking forward to taking the Prep for the colonoscopy...can someone please tell me what it taste like..? Will there be vomiting involved in this?
Hi, please keep all of your posts and questions to one post so that things don't get too scrambled.  Thanks!
It's not bad, and you shouldn't vomit.
It's not bad at all especially if you are taking the pills and there is no vomiting just A LOT of pooping
I did vomit..a whole lot..couldnt keep the stuff down. So now they got me on Miralex...and I go to get the procedure tomorrow..I cant stop going to the bathroom though...:-(
I'm sorry you had a lot of vomiting with the prep.  I've had colonoscopies done a fe times and I always have the same problem with the prep - I'm able to get and keep a small portion of it down, but then I just start vomiting it every time I try and drink more.  Fortunately, whatever I've ever been able to keep down has usually done what it needs to do and I've never had to have a procedure postponed or cancelled because of not being "cleaned out" enough.  So I just wanted to say that you're not alone in having this happen with the prep - I pretty much had presumed it was just me - my stomach is pretty sensitive anyway, so I tend to have trouble with some things that other people don't.

It's perfectly normal and GOOD, though, that you can't stop going to the bathroom.  The more cleaned out you are, the better visibiility your doctor will have during the procedure.  Are you still having any bulk or color to your movements?  Or are they clear liquid?  If you're only having CLEAR liquid movements now, you SHOULD be able to stop the Miralax.  However, DO NOT stop taking it without checking with your doctor first - they may do things differently and want you to continue to take it up to a certain time period before the procedure.

Best of luck - for me, the worst part of the colonoscopy was the prep - the procedure itself was nothing!