Afternoon fatigue, head fog, bloating
Hi. Extreme afternoon fatigue, pressure/lightness of the head, bloating.  These are the symptoms I get nearly every afternoon. Towards the evening, more bloating and gas can sometimes kick in, too. Besides the extreme fatigue, head pressure, and bloating, my forehead feels warm, like a low grade fever, and sometimes I get very cold. This has been happening on and off for a few years. I don't have any pain, just recently some mild burning in the mid abdomen on and off. If I lie down for an hour and then have dinner, the symptoms subside.  

I also have mild IBS with alternating diarrhea/constipation approx once a month.  Gas is also a major issue later in the day.  

The only tests so far:  Basic blood test for celiac which was neg.  Ultrasound positive for several 4-mm gallstones.

What could this possibly be? What tests would be helpful?  Is the genetic blood test for celiac reliable?

Thanks!  
Try a couple of exclusiion diets because a lot of people who supposedly have IBS may actually have food intolerance issues. One would be to exculde diary, but the other - which may be more important for you to try - would be a gluten-free diet. Gluten is found in wheat, rye, barley and oats, and some of the symptoms that are typically reported are 'brain fog' and a fatigue that hits like a ton of bricks. In many cases it makes you feel like you'd better lay down before you fall down.

You can get a blood test, but they're unfortunately unreliable. Try reading up on the fecal antibody test for gluten issues on enterolab.com. And the allele test for celiac will tell you whether or not you 'carry the possibility' for the problem.

The fecal antibody test and the allele test gave my husband the answer as to the 'why' he was feeling rotten when all the other tests said he was fine.