Gastroenterology Community
Air bubbles in my stool

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Air bubbles in my stool

Hi All,

I have noticed that my stool has Alka-Seltzer feel to it when it hits the water. Its full of small air bubbles. It also breaks apart very easily after enters the water. Please advise if anyone has had these symptoms. I have had some reflux and upper abdomen discomfort in the last few weeks. 2 weeks ago, I had my stool checked for bacteria culture and come back negative. The only new med that I have been taking in the past 2 weeks is Ventolin HFA (Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Aerosol) for my coughing after coming down with flue. I have also been eating lots of broccoli sprouts and home made fresh ginger tea mixed with little honey.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,
Perez.. (IBS/IBD?)
L. acidophilus 2x day
Fish Oil 1 tsp/day
Ativan 1mg/day
wow i feel like i have the same situation as you, although i am not on any medication my feces has air coming out and breaks apart and i also have upper stomach pain although nothing i can't handle it makes me wonder. It went away for me though, hopefully it goes away for you too.