All tests show nothing, but what is causing diarrhea and fatty stools?
After several months of intermittent discomfort in my right side, this past week I've developed heartburn, chronic diarrhea and fatty stools. All blood work, including pancreatic and liver enzymes are normal, CT scan showed nothing, ultrasound showed fatty liver. My gallbladder was removed two years ago. I am afraid something is seriously wrong and the doctors just cant' find it. I have no appetite and am losing weight. My anxiety level is increasing as the diarrhea/weight loss gets worse.
The typical cause of fatty stools is either pancreatic issues or celiac disease. If you haven't been checked for celiac make sure that is done.

Many people can have issues with diarrhea following gallbladder removal. If you're not following a low fat diet you may want to consider it. Some find that the addition of a bile-binding resin such as questran can be of help.
Hey,

I have had the same problem for three months. I have had everything done that you have had done including a pancreatic elatase test (it was negative). I did have a HIDA scan which showed my gallbladder was working at half capacity. The labeled it Biliary Dyskinesia(it's not working right) which means they want to yank my gallbladder. Other things that cause this that are not listed above include a wide range of intestinal disorders such as IBS or bacterial overgrowth of the stomach. Hope this helps.
Hey,