Gastroenterology Community
Am I alone? Will my problems only be solved when I am gone? I don'...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Am I alone? Will my problems only be solved when I am gone? I don't want to suffer anymore! Why can't doctors just listen to me and not judge me?

I had a laporatomy in December, I was cut from the the bottom of my sternum all the way down to my belly button. every since I have had severe abdominal pain and distention. I accidentally swallowed a eye screw and had to have emergency surgery, the screw was in my duodenum and they forced it backwards back into my stomach and then cut my stomach open to get it out.  The screw was extremely sharp and now the doctor who did the surgery thinks that they may have done more damage than they thought. Because I am still struggling with it. I have had chronic nausea and vomiting sometimes pink sometimes coffee ground looking. My abdomen pain is getting worse and it looks like I am nine months pregnant and it is very embarrassing... I have learned how to spot pot holes or any other bumps in the road because when I hit bumps it causes me serious pain, I usually avoid driving all together. I am a veteran and I went to the VA ER and they said that there is nothing wrong, I am scared and can't go to the ER because they have already concluded that nothing is wrong yet my abdomen is distended, swollen, painful and hard. On top of this shortly after surgery I lost my health insurance and could not get the follow up care that I needed. I am finally receiving care through the Veteran Hospital. My surgery was performed at a different hospital. I have no where to turn and I am scared and no one is taking this serious and I have a feeling of doom. I don't know how much more I can take. What do I do?

Brief History of Me:
I have had tests which sometimes show free air, duodenitis, hiatus hernia, antral arrhythmia, gastritis and I think another test showed a Umbilical hernia. I have had a case of pancreatitis and have had my gallbladder and appendix removed due to stones. They do not know what caused the pancreatitis, but I spent two weeks in the ICU and about a month in the hospital. The doctors said that my amylase and lipase numbers where very high, my Amylase was around 6500 and my lipase was 15000. I also have Factor V Leiden Hetero zygote. I have had a DVT in my leg and have had a pulmonary embolism. I suffer from endometriosis and PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome). I also have a problem with my stomach bleeding and it is always irritated and now I am having difficulty swallowing things it feels like it gets stuck.
You poor thing, I can´t beleive the medical system you have in the US. I´m Norwegian and at least we get help when needed even though I don´t trust doctors too much. First of all you really need to have a very low fat diet since you have removed your gall bladder. This organ is the one that digests fat. Second, you should eat liquid foods whitch are easier to digest. Keep away from sugars and refined foods, coffee and alkohol. Also I always recommend Ulmus rubra (slippery elm) for your intestins. Please take my advise and find a naturopath, he or she will help you get better.