Anal Fissures, and gay men
Hi, I don't want anyone to feel offended, this posting is strictly medical and I am looking to find answers about my situation.

According to my colon-rectal surgeon that I have visited about 2 weeks ago, I have a mild anal fissure. I don't have any active bleeding, no excruciating pain, it's mostly itching issues, and some burning sensation during BMs, and when the spot is agitated I would feel some pining sensation. I do know that constipation problems runs in my family, and I sustained this mild fissure because of that.

I have had this injury since September 2010 (5 months now) I feel that it starts to heal within about 3 weeks, and that's when I start feeling confident about it and start splurging with food, and stop drinking Metamucil (which by the way works magic on changing your stool consistency) then I would agitate the area again, and would have to repeat the cycle again. That's why I decided to make an appointment with a specialist thinking that the surgery is my only solution, well to my surprise he said that I need to try more conservative methods, he gave me an ointment made of Lidocane and NIFED, that should help with keeping the muscle relaxed and would promote healing, he gave me a whole month to use it, and according to him it should completely heal after that...so I'm trying it out and will see how it goes.

My question is to any gay man who have had an anal fissure, if it heals (hopefully) will I be able to perform "you know what" in that area again? this is my main concern right now, I have not touched that area since September, (I'm sorry if I am offending anyone here, but as a gay man this is really important to me to talk about) this is my whole sexual being, and I need to talk with someone who is gay, and have had an anal fissure. I wanna compare notes and see what the deal is. It is really sad and depressing to live with the fact that you cannot have sex like you used to, it's like you have a major problem with one of your sex organs, if you are a gay person you know what I am talking about.