Gastroenterology Community
Anal Leakage
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anal Leakage

Hi, I am a 19 year old male and I am having a problem with anal leakage. It started slowly a few months back with a small amount of faeces stains on my shorts. Recently, I have found that it is now a combination of faece and clear-ish liquid. I also experience an over-clenching feeling in the anus region.  
I had cameras down the throat and through the anus 5 years ago which showed no irregularities and no problems with my blood and stool samples. (I had these test due to a number of minor stomach problems, such as reflux and periodical stomach cramps)

My questions are:
Is anal leakage at my age a medical concern?
If so, what points are important for my doctor to know?
What do you think that cause is?

Thanks,
Matt

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you have hemorrhoids, that could result in leakage. Have you had that checked lately?
Blank
I'm 75 and this started for me about the age of 54. I know think I have the fix, nutiva Hemp Oil from Amazon.com Take 1 shot glass of Hemp Oil just as you go to bed.
Blank
Hey there Willis88, I wanted to let you know that I was plagued with the problem of anal leakage combined with rawness and bleeding. I was very miserable and was considering drastic measures. I am very happy to say that it is not an issue at all any more. I went to see a gastroenterologist about the problem and he asked about my bowel habits. I told him I went around 5-8 times per day and less on the weekend. He told me that was a bit much and it was probably related to stress from the job (I work in a busy hospital laboratory). Whatever the cause, he recommended that I take a psyllium fiber supplement daily. Metamucil is one brand name but I take mine in a generic capsule form WITH PLENTY OF WATER. They sell this at all pharmacies and I take three capsules once a day or three teaspoons if taking the powder. He also recommended that I take loperamide as directed for a few days until I slow my bowels down a bit and then only as needed (one brand is Immodium but there are generics). I very seldom need it now.  It was life changing and I am not exaggerating! My hemorrhoids are way better and seldom bother me now. I have normal bowel habits and no leakage at all. You may be different but I would encourage you to try it. He made the comment that I need to work from the opposite end. He was right. Good luck there.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources