Gastroenterology Community
Anal Leakage

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Anal Leakage

Hi, I am a 19 year old male and I am having a problem with anal leakage. It started slowly a few months back with a small amount of faeces stains on my shorts. Recently, I have found that it is now a combination of faece and clear-ish liquid. I also experience an over-clenching feeling in the anus region.  
I had cameras down the throat and through the anus 5 years ago which showed no irregularities and no problems with my blood and stool samples. (I had these test due to a number of minor stomach problems, such as reflux and periodical stomach cramps)

My questions are:
Is anal leakage at my age a medical concern?
If so, what points are important for my doctor to know?
What do you think that cause is?

Thanks,
Matt

If you have hemorrhoids, that could result in leakage. Have you had that checked lately?
I'm 75 and this started for me about the age of 54. I know think I have the fix, nutiva Hemp Oil from Amazon.com Take 1 shot glass of Hemp Oil just as you go to bed.
Hey there Willis88, I wanted to let you know that I was plagued with the problem of anal leakage combined with rawness and bleeding. I was very miserable and was considering drastic measures. I am very happy to say that it is not an issue at all any more. I went to see a gastroenterologist about the problem and he asked about my bowel habits. I told him I went around 5-8 times per day and less on the weekend. He told me that was a bit much and it was probably related to stress from the job (I work in a busy hospital laboratory). Whatever the cause, he recommended that I take a psyllium fiber supplement daily. Metamucil is one brand name but I take mine in a generic capsule form WITH PLENTY OF WATER. They sell this at all pharmacies and I take three capsules once a day or three teaspoons if taking the powder. He also recommended that I take loperamide as directed for a few days until I slow my bowels down a bit and then only as needed (one brand is Immodium but there are generics). I very seldom need it now.  It was life changing and I am not exaggerating! My hemorrhoids are way better and seldom bother me now. I have normal bowel habits and no leakage at all. You may be different but I would encourage you to try it. He made the comment that I need to work from the opposite end. He was right. Good luck there.