Gastroenterology Community
Anal Leakage
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anal Leakage

I have actually been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. My GI doctor has said that it has gone into remission but I still have anal leakage. Obviously some things have a greater effect on this...but I have it all the time. The rest of the symptoms are non-existent. Just this one. Any ideas?

This discussion is related to Anal Leakage.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Has the doc checked to see if you have hemorrhoids? They can be a cause of leakage.
Blank
I have anal leakage.  I can feel it coming but cannot stop it
My doctor recommended Phyllium and in the beginning it helped but now it has started again,

What can I do about it?
Blank
I have anal leakage.  I can feel it coming but cannot stop it
My doctor recommended Phyllium and in the beginning it helped but now it has started again,

What can I do about it?
Blank
I was discussing the issue of anal leakage with my son who also suffers from it.  He'a a smoker.  He said he was taught in high school that once you start smoking cigarettes, the little hairs in your lungs are damaged and in order for the lungs to cleanse itself properly the lungs cause a phlegm that if not spit out thru the mouth will enter the digestive system and tends to excreet from the anus mostly during the night.  The phlegm causes itching which can cause tears in the skin that will bleed.  I know this is what I had because I quit smoking and within a month the problem went away.  The hairs in your lungs will need time to grow back so after quitting you may still have some time with the anal leakage until you heal.
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979