Gastroenterology Community
Anal Odor

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Anal Odor

I have a fishy smell coming from the anal area.  I have noticed that it is worse before and after my mestral cycle however it is present all the time. What could be causing this?  
not your anus,more like your vagina...and this could be caused by many issues.
usualy infection(yeast,bladder,exct)
ihad  uc but doc says i dont anymore but i keep getting a rash and bad odor at my anas been to regular doc he gave me hydracortazone that didnt work went to gastro doc he gave me hydro supositorys nothing is working  odor has been going on for years    i seem to have bad anxiety  and getting worse because of problem  and problem getting worse every day can you help
*****I HAVE A SOLUTION for directly eliminating the smell. One word........VINEGAR! Just plain white vinegar. I haven't even tried the apple cider variety.

I have had this too. Soaping up 3 times. Get out of the shower, dry myself.......and the part of the towel that dryed me down there....smells! And no there is no leaking, it feels dry. So WTF??? It's like a strong musky oily smell (not crap). Anyways, just rub some vinegar there, and a little ways inside, right after you bathe. No it doesn't sting, unless you're sore from scratching a lot. And just do it throughout the day, if you need to. And if super bad, no problem.........get some of those round small thin cotton pads (makeup remover pads?), soak them in vinegar, then tuck one into your buttcrack, and leave it there. It should stay. Or just take 2 squares of TP, fold it twice, add some vinegar.....and use that instead of those round pads. AND......put some in a ziplock....brrrrring them with you to work. And simply just discard/replace throughout the day! I'll betcha you'll only need to do that ONCE in a day! There you go! AND, the most important thing.......SAY YOUR PRAYERS! Jesus can heal you of ANYTHING. And pay attention to the dreams he gives you. Cheers! :-)