Gastroenterology Community
Anal Scare!!!! Want a serious challange?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anal Scare!!!! Want a serious challange?

Hello,

For nearly a year now I have been experiencing discomfort around my anus.  This appears to heighten and then lessen almost day to day.  The symptoms I am experiencing include a burning sensation around the opening of my anus which on inspection can look red and feel chaffed.  This is causing discomfort when I sit and also when I walk around.

I have no pain passing stools or blood present at any time although I do have a nagging itch inside my anus which appears to occur almost every time I walk any distance.

Initially I was concerned about STD's as I was involved in unprotected sex at the beginning of March around a week before the symptoms began to show.  I don't however have any other symptoms on or near the penis and I am a hetrosexual male and the incident did not involve any anal contact.

The discomfort and burning is back with a vengence and I can clearly see an area of red which almost feels and looks like the skin is raw.  This is now bordering on a year (or no less than 6 months) since I first experienced this and I'm very concerned that It may be something serious. It keeps going away and comming back. Sometimes it is wet and bumps seemigly form because of the wetness. Other time it feels really dry, but I have no issues when going to the restroom other than having stool that seems to be "greased" or like it is lubricated; solid but lubricated. Also I have heard that your poo should float in which mine does not.

Any ideas what this could be? I was also concerned that stress may have caused it as I have quite a stressful couple of months however I am normally a very happy, calm individual and I doubt I could be stressing enough to keep a condition like this up for a month and a half!

There is no actual pain present in the area, just a mildly burning redness around the opening and an itch inside the anus when I walk a distance and occasionally at other times.  When the redness isn't present I am still aware of a general discomfort around the anal opening ex. when I clench.

Thank you for any help you can suggest!