Gastroenterology Community
Anal sphinctatotomy and Hemrhoid surgery

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I am a 24 year old female. About 6 days ago i had surgery to fix an anal fissure that i have had for a year and i also had a hemorrhoid removed as well. After surgery i was completely out of it from the anesthesia i had so i didnt realize my pain level. My question is how long will the pain last? I have really bad stinging all the time especially after a bowel movement. I still have pain when i have a BM and it bleeds ( not as bad as it use to when i had the anal fissure). I have read similar posts but everyone seems to say they had no pain after 2 days. I have a hard time walking, sitting, driving because it stings so bad. I use stool softeners and natural laxatives and my diet has been within the guidelines given by the doctor. I cough or sneeze and its pain. May be it is just me but i feel like this pain will never go away. I have been doing soaks in the tub with hot water to relieve the stinging but it still bothers me. Is there anything you can recommend for the stinging sensation? should i contact my doctor even though it hasn't even been a week? I didnt think i would still be in pain after a few days. I have vicadins but they are only a band aid for the pain but when i snap out of it i am usually back to having stinging and pain. Any advice would be appreciated.
Tags: anal, Pain, bowel
Yes, you should let your doctor know what's going on.  Be prepared to say what your pain level is on a scale of 1 to 10.  Be able to compare the level it is now with before surgery and right after surgery.