Anal sphinctatotomy and Hemrhoid surgery
I am a 24 year old female. About 6 days ago i had surgery to fix an anal fissure that i have had for a year and i also had a hemorrhoid removed as well. After surgery i was completely out of it from the anesthesia i had so i didnt realize my pain level. My question is how long will the pain last? I have really bad stinging all the time especially after a bowel movement. I still have pain when i have a BM and it bleeds ( not as bad as it use to when i had the anal fissure). I have read similar posts but everyone seems to say they had no pain after 2 days. I have a hard time walking, sitting, driving because it stings so bad. I use stool softeners and natural laxatives and my diet has been within the guidelines given by the doctor. I cough or sneeze and its pain. May be it is just me but i feel like this pain will never go away. I have been doing soaks in the tub with hot water to relieve the stinging but it still bothers me. Is there anything you can recommend for the stinging sensation? should i contact my doctor even though it hasn't even been a week? I didnt think i would still be in pain after a few days. I have vicadins but they are only a band aid for the pain but when i snap out of it i am usually back to having stinging and pain. Any advice would be appreciated.
Yes, you should let your doctor know what's going on.  Be prepared to say what your pain level is on a scale of 1 to 10.  Be able to compare the level it is now with before surgery and right after surgery.