Gastroenterology Community
Annoying aching anus for 6+ months !!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Annoying aching anus for 6+ months !!

For about 6 months now I have had bowel problems. My anus feels so tight when I pass stools and there is nearly always blood on the paper, and when I look in the bowl the stools are almost pen thin and flat. It must be due to the fact it feels like I am defecating through the eye of a needle. There is also often white stringy stuff floating in the bowl. Also sometimes for about 6 or 7 hours after a bowel movement I can be left in bad pain, an extreme soreness mixed with a throbbing feeling, like I am being poked with a stick or knife every few seconds in my rectum. I also find when I wake up in the morning I have had some anal seepage, not majorly, but enough for me to need to wipe myself.

When I put my finger up my anus to rub pile cream on (which I am guessing is what it may be) not only is it sore but there are loads of fairly big lumps and bumps. Being obese I can't maneuver myself with a mirror to see what they look like. I know 11 years ago I went to the doctor with piles, and I seem to have had them off and on for that time, but it has never been as bad as this and I am worried it may be more then piles, although I guess the lumps around the anus must be that ? I a just not sure why it feels like I am defecting through such a tight hole, unless the piles make it that way.

Yes, I know I should see my doctor, which I will pluck up the courage to do soon, but if anyone can let me know if this sounds like "a classic case of..." something then it might put my mind at ease.

Thanks for any advice.
P.S : Forgot to mention I am male, 31, and the blood is bright (not dark).