Antibiotics & black stool
I am wondering if anyone else gets black stool after treatment with antibiotics (cipro, zithromax). I took these for a mild UTI, and I had severe constipation too. Yesterday, my stool had normal texture, but it was almost black.
I did take acidophilous during the antibiotic treatment. I told my doctor about it, and he wasn't worried about it since my CBC tests were normal.

any ideas?
I normally have excellent bowel movements since I eat lots and lots of fiber.

I've been taking a combination of antibiotics Metronizadol and amoxicillin since a week ago for severe gum infections and I began to have to clear my bowels five to six times a day. But the stool was not liquid but normal (hard) though darker than usual.

After a week of treatment, I empty my bowels less frequently (about 2 or 3 times instead of 5 or 6) and the stool is harder and even darker now (black).

Otherwise, I feel perfectly fine.

By the way, since I empty my bowels so frequently, the stool does not smell at all.

Even before taking the antibiotics, my stool hardly smell at all for I have to empty my bowels sometimes twice a day because of the huge quantity of fibre that I eat.

Is there any cause for concern?

Please post your question as its own post.