Antral gastritis
Hi community - first post, so be kind!

Several months ago I started experiencing intermittent stomach/intestinal issues (occasional diarrhea, but no blood or discoloration, but mostly it was a constant upset stomach, and the feelings that I always had to pass gas, but couldn't).  After a series of consults, the doctors recommended a colonoscopy/endoscopy.  It's worth noting that my health was fine, and there's no family history of GI related issues.

Received colonoscopy/endoscopy, and the Dr. mentioned that I had a *mild* case of antral gastritis, but otherwise I checked out just fine.  He proscribed Omeprazole (pill, 20mg) to take daily for 6 weeks, but otherwise said I could continue about as normal.  For 2 weeks it was great, and I felt like my stomach was back to normal, but some of the symptoms are back.  I am always feeling like I have to pass gas, and weirdly enough, it is most acute the moment I lay down for bed.  Sitting up it's merely noticeable, but laying down it's much more uncomfortable.  It's also worth noting that my bowel movements have been completely normal, with no loose stool, mucous, etc.  My appetite is also strong, but as soon as I finish eating, the gas discomfort starts up (I'm only eating healthy, non-fried, non-fat foods, and haven't touched caffeine, soda, or alcohol in days.)

Is this merely a side effect of Gastritis?  Why would it be more acute when I lay down?  As noted above the Colonoscopy/Endoscopy came back with no blockages or other physical issues, and my GI tract seems to be functioning normally.

Thoughts?  I should also admit that I'm a social smoker, and that besides being a generally terrible habit, it can aggravate gastritis.

Thanks!
Did you also get a HIDA scan with ejection fraction to rule out a gallbladder issue?  How soon after eating do you lay down?  Did the doctor suggest taking simethicone, an anti-gas pill (chewable seems to work better for me) after meals and at bed time?
No, there was no HIDA scan.  The GI doctor never mentioned gallbladder issues as a potential issue.  I'm going to be back in the U.S. in a couple of weeks, and will schedule some follow up appointments.  Will gallbladder issues present these type of symptoms?

Thanks for the post!
Your gas is a result of your Gastritis because some undigested food passes thru and creates the gas.  I would contact your doctor to let him know that your medication isn't working and to give you something for the gas, which he can do.  Take care...
A gallbladder issue is one of a number of issues that can cause gas (flatulence).  See PM for more details on causes of flatulence.