Any home remedy help for gastroparesis for a quick fix?
I'm miserable right now.  I ate fried potatoes..  Fried in olive oil.  I should not have done that.  It was 3 hours ago and I'm still miserable.  I went and dug out the metoclopram I was prescribed 2.5 years ago and took that but from my understanding, most meds don't work quickly at all.  Anything I can do right now?  Trying to drink a bunch of water but not sure that would help.  I already have to replace my morning mean with an Ensure drink.  I'm thinking of drinking Ensure only for the next couple of days.  In fact I'm wondering if permanent liquid diets are even doable.  I'm tired of everything hurting.  Ensure is the only thing I can stomach or that doesn't make me nauseous.
Morning meal...not mean.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would actually recommend against drinking a lot of water because it is just more for your stomach to digest.  Yes, permanent liquid diets are doable, and many people with gastroparesis carry them on for months.  Try taking a slow walk around your house and see if that helps your stomach digest a little bit.  You can also try sucking on a ginger candy or drinking some ginger tea, if you are feeling nauseous.

I too have gastroparesis and am currently fed 100% through a J tube.  Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for the response.  Searching on the internet, I ran across the comments.  Do you know if Ensure is bad for someone with gastroparesis?  I would think it's ok since it's a nutritional drink but what about the fat content?  I can tolerate Ensure very easily and I'm to the point, I'd rather deal with that than food anymore.  The pain and discomfort I get in my stomach is so often.  I have other health issues and don't need to deal with stomach issues too.
If you have diabetes and gastroparesis, then I think that ensure is not a great choice.  If you don't have diabetes, I think ensure is okay for you.
If you're diabetic, use Glucerna instead of the Ensure.  It's a similar product manufactured by the same company but for diabetics.

I'm pretty new to gastroparesis but I've learned that when things are as bad as you've described I have a few options - I can decompress by stomach by vomiting (will usually happen eventually anyway and can frequently save me some suffering), try to ride it out with my various medications, or go the ER for care and usually end up staying for at least 2-3 days since my electrolytes are seriously screwed up by the time I convince myself to go. :(
I don't have diabetes.  I just started drinking Ensure over a year ago because I noticed if I ate breakfast, no matter how light, it would lay on me and make me feel full, nauseous, bloated and not feeling the greatest when having to go right to work.  Ensure stopped that and I knew I was getting some nutrients from it.  I also started drinking it because I figured my diet was poor and I wasn't getting enough vitamins/nutrients because I stopped eating stuff that seemed to make me sick.