Anyone know what a mesenteric mass is?
I am 36 and had a small bowel follow through 2 weeks ago and saw my doc recently. I found out it said: Concern for loops of small bowel draped around messenteric masses and I would recommend a CT scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast. The small bowel itself appears normal in caliber and transit to cecum. No dilated loops or stricture.

Then the Findings say: The small bowel follow through demonstrates small bowel loops in the mid abdomen appear draped around circular lesions.

I saw doc and he said he would order ct scan. Didn't seem too concerned even though I have had awful diarrhea and pain for a while now. I have not had normal bowel movement in months. I have been anemic, had heart palps and am always bloated. I have pain, could this be something serious, or I am just freaking myself out?
The loops of the small intesting 'hang' at the ends of sheets of connective tissue. The sheets are called the mesentery. The mesentery provides the 'highway' for all of the blood vessels, lymphatics and nerves that run in and out of the small intestine.

All this report says is portions of those connective tissues sheets seem to be draped around some kind of mass. But from the report I believe it would be very difficult to say whether or not there's any reason for worry. Until your your doctor gets a closer look at what other tests, including a CT, come up with it wouldn't be to your benefit to freak yourself out. Give your doc a chance to put all the facts together and give you an informed opinion.
thanks
I would say until you have a Ct Scan no conclusions can be made
Had the ct scan done and it said somethinf totally different. It said:

several loops of proximal small bowel appear in fixed configuration and possibly related to adhesions in the left upper quadrant. There is no mediastinal lesion appreciated. Decompressed transverse colon to the sigmoid colon likely due to incomplete transit of oral contrast.

So now I am sent to a surgeon for a consult. Has anyone heard of this?
Did your dr translate this?
He had no clue! Said I should see GI, but then sent me to surgeon.
The small bowel goes from (proximal) duodenum to jejunum to ileum (distal), with most of the duodenum being firmly 'fixed' in place. It sounds like portion of the jejunum may be hiked up toward the upper left quadrant and in some manner are 'stuck'. The 'fixation' may be due to adhesions.

Also the contrast material evidently didn't reach or get through a portion of you large bowel - the transverse colon to the sigmoid colon.

It appears the 'lump' that was seen previously and was suggested to be a mediastinal mass has now been redefined as 'the attached loops' of the small intestine.

Many people have adhesions that can lead to bowel fixation and discomfort. The organs in the abdominal cavity like to move, and typically need to slide over or past each other during their normal daytime activity. Anytime an organ is fixed in place, it's possible for it to highly dislike that situation and let it's 'owner' know it with pain. It's a very effective way off communicating an organ's displeasure.
Sprry, shouldn't have said mediastinal - should be mesenteric mass.
So what is the solution? How did I get an adehsion when I havent had any surgery on that side? Had my gallbladder removed last Feb, on right side. Tubes tied in 2008 and colonscopy a year ago. What should I do? I do get pain and diareaha.
Getting exploratory surgery done in 2 weeks. I will let you guys know what they find!!