Gastroenterology Community
Anyone with spleen issues, please read this

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Here is an article on idiopathic splenomegaly, http://archsurg.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/137/1/64, it states that a majority of idiopathic(unknown origin) splenomegaly can be attributed to lymphoma. I have had an enlarged spleen for over 2 years now with no known cause. After 2 ct scans, ultrasounds, many blood tests, liver/spleen scan, hiv, hepatitis, cmv, and other tests, I have absolutely 0 answers from the doctors. So now I am going to push for a diagnostic slpenectomy. Sound crazy to ask for an organ to be removed, but I am so exausted and depressed from not know why it is enlarged and hurting. I am fatigued all the time, My left side hurts all the time, if i drink alcohol my sleen hurts for 2 weeks, and all the doc's tell me is it is in my head as all my bloodwork is normal. Well this medical study shows that all patients showed normal bloodwork and mostly normal bmb's and 7 of the 18 people in the study had lymphoma with no enlarged nodes. I almost cried when i saw this study as I think mabie I can finally find out why I have suffered all this time. So I just wanted to post this for anyone else that may be having problems with idiopathic splenomegaly.