Appendix stone
My 9yr son just was in ER for right lower quad. pain,rebound tenderness, low grade fever, vomited x1, not wanting to eat very much.  Initally thought was getting  the stomach flu until he didn't persist with the vomiting or had diarrea.  In ER Abdominal XRAY was done- results large amount of stool and gas on right side.  Blood work checked- Mono and crp slightly evalated ( not enough for them to say appendicitis). they gave a popsicle to him that caused him to have increased painin RLQ. They were still concerned with the pain  in right lower quad so a  CT was done-results apendix stone.  the surgent wasn,t concerned about that and sent home after 2 days in hospital with normal activity .  My concern is he still having low grade fever and lower right quad pain ( increased pain with eating and some activitys)  My question is should the appendix be removed due to potential appendicitis in the future due to blockage causing inflam. and infection  or can this resolve on it's own.  My research shows majority of these stones end up causing appendicitis eventually.
I had the same thing bout 15 years ago as a teenager, I had several, what they later called " flair ups"  (which got worse every time) over about a year before they finally took it out. Once they did I had no further problems.
I do hope your son feels better.  I would either go back to the ER, talk to ER doctor or surgeon and explain your frustration.  This happened to my mom, and lo and behold we had her rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night for surgery.  Once they remove it he will not have more problems and your mind will be put at ease.  

I firmly believe never to trust just one doctor....in this case a 2nd opinion would be most helpful.  

Moira