Gastroenterology Community
Are my symptoms from Gallstones?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Are my symptoms from Gallstones?

My pain all started 2 months ago. I have really bad anxiety and suffer from depression and Borderline personality disorder. I was prescribed Wellbutrin (which I only took for a week.) And afterwards that is when all my symptoms started appearing. I started having chest pain at night, heart palpitations, feeling like I had to constantly burp throughout the day, throat tightness like a lump firmly lodged into the back of my throat. I feel weak and tired all the time, like I just can't get any energy and I'm having shortness of breath at times along with burping everything I eat up and even vomiting undigested food. This all started after taking wellbutrin so I stopped and the symptoms went away after 2 weeks. I was prescribed a different medication which was Cymbalta and then after 3 days of taking it, my symptoms came back again ten fold and now don't want to disappear. It got so bad I went into the ER and they did an ultrasound and told me I had 2mm Gallstones. I do admit that I have a little bit of side pain but not the point where it hurts extremely bad that I feel like I can't move. The only symptoms that are bothering me is my chest pains, feeling like I can't breathe, can't sleep because it feels worse if I lay down. I just think it might be a severe case of GERD but I was wondering if Gallstones can also cause the other symptoms that I am having. And the ER doc did advice me to have it removed within 6 weeks but I just don't have much pain..and I don't want it removed if it isn't causing the symptoms I am having. They put me on Nexium 40 mg which I am taking every day to see if that helps. It's only been two days so they said if I continue to have symptoms after a week or two then to do a follow up on the surgery to have my Galbladder removed.. so I am quite terrified. I hate surgery and everything about it. I don't want surgery unless I know for sure that all this pain I'm having will stop. I never had problems with my Galbladder until I started those antidepressants which I wish I never took in the first place. Is it possible that it could have caused my Galbladder to become irritated in some way? Because before then I had no pain with my Galbladder at all, I could eat whatever I wanted without having to worry about anything.