Gastroenterology Community
At the end of my tether !!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

At the end of my tether !!!!

I`m really helping someone can help, as having seen 2 different consultants and being truely insulted i`m no closer to finding a way of easing my problem, and its not an easy thing for me to discuss but i know the diagnosis i have been given isn`t correct. (i have past issues with sexual abuse as a child, and the last consultant decided the problems are in my mind, because of what i suffered as a child ? ? ... even though i`ve only had this problem for 2 years (ish) )

Ok. I`m a 29 year old female. 5ft 2 ... 9st 10lbs, drink plenty of water, fibre and fruit and veg. I had a C-section 2004, and a hysterectomy in 2007 ... I had mild constipation through my pregnancy (2004) but only the same as anyone else would get.

Only since having my hysterectomy, when my husband and i have sex and i have an orgasm, i then cannot go to the toliet for 2 or 3 days afterwards. It feels as though the end of my bowel/rectum stays as tense as it was when i had the orgasm (obviously you have contractions of the muscles as you orgasm which makes it all go tense/tight, but then it doesn`t release) and it all goes numb and the bowel completely goes to sleep.

When i eventually manage to go i always rip, and bleed, and end up with another fissure. I also get and excrutiatingly painful lump on my perineum which i`d originally been referred to gyne for but i honestly believe it is all to do with my sphincter/rectum. In Colorectal they gave me a botox injection which for 10 weeks was bliss, it made such a difffence. But since going back to see the consultant he`s told me there`s nothing wrong and its in my mind due to my past ? ? ?

My husband and i tried not having relations to see if it still happened, however i still end up having orgasms in my sleep and wake up pulsing/tensing down below and then have the same problem of not being able to go for 2 days afterwards, so personally i`d rather be awake and have the experience for "real" with hubby rather than just dream it as my body is craving it !!

Please someone tell me there is something i can do, i`ve really had enough !!
Confuddled, there are a lot of things that people are worried about talking about and sexual issues are one of them. The unfortuante thing is most docs don't know what to do about them either.

The point on the perineum I believe you're speaking of is the perineal body and it's a spot where a number of the pelvic muscles are 'confluent.' When a hard lump is found, it typically suggests that you may have a spasm going on. If that's happening, it could be that you're experiencing spasms in the muscles and perhaps in the sacrogenital folds or in the muscle that wraps from the pubic bone back to the rectum.

Have you thought about contacting a physical therapist who works with women to relax the pelvic musculature? There are both external and internal techniques that can be used to assess what's going on a perhaps give you a hand with the problem. They're the same type of techniques that are used to help overcome incontinence and they can be very effective.